red leopard

Okay, animal prints are probably among my least favorite of prints. I find them tacky 98% of the time and the other 2% of the time I wonder whether I'm trying to look like a little girl and/or a Las Vegas stripper. Anyway.

Once in a blue moon, I find an animal print that I LOVE and I drop whatever I'm doing to get that print in my possession. Such was the case with this striking red leopard print. Have you ever seen anything like this?! It's certainly different, but it isn't in-your-face or predictable like most leopard/cheetah/zebra/insert-safari-animal-here prints. Plus, it's Valentine's Day -- so the red seemed both daring and appropriate.

Beside the print, I adore the shape and fit of this dress. It actually feels more like a tunic than a dress, which gives it this "Sorry-I-just-threw-this-on-and-I'm-rocking-it vibe." If only all clothes gave off that vibe, right?

I paired the dress with my favorite black tights with a slight striped pattern because, yes, it's warm enough here in Arizona to wear a dress without a sweater or coat, but not quite warm enough to go barelegged (ya can't have it all I suppose).

I opted for my new favorite shoe obsession to complete the look -- these S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G black booties with... wait for it... SPIKES on the heels. Not just your everyday spikes, either. There's silver, gold, small, little, star-shaped, oval-shaped, etc. So there's like this spikes party happening on my shoes. No big deal.

Happy Love Day!

Dress: BB Dakota

Bag: Charlotte Russe

Tights: DKNY

Shoes: Zara

Sunglasses: H&M

Bracelets: Forever 21